Monday, September 26, 2016

My Unforgettable Memory

             When I was an 8th grader precisely on 2015, I join a competition named OSN (Olimpiade Sains Nasional). It was a national level competition that all school in Indonesia join by sending their best student. This competition have some stages. The first one is City level. And if you pass this stage, you will continue to the next stage. It's the Province level. At that time I was studying in Central Java, so I take part in the Central Java level. And thanks to Allah, I passed this level too so I could represent Central Java in yhe National level.

             I take the Science subject when I joined this competition. Central Java sent 36 students to Palu to represent Central Java in OSN 2015. Before we go to Palu, we attend some kind of training that's held one week before the OSN. That one week was full of studying the material that we needed to know. And after all those training, we -representative of Central Java- flew to Palu to compete with all of the best Junior Highschool student in Indonesia.

             First day in Palu, we straightly went to the hotel that have been served for all of the contestants from all over Indonesia. The hotel was Santika Hotel.  During this competition we weren't allowed to go out from the hotel without permission from the committee of this competition. Next, all of the participants attended the opening ceremony at the ballroom of the hotel. There were about 390 participants in this competition. After that, we were allowed to take some rest because the next day will be the first day of the competition.

             The next day, the competition began. The test was held in two days, the first day was the theory test or the writen test. It started at about 7 a.m and finished at 1 p.m. I felt like my mind was blown out after the test, and that was just the first day! After the test, we went back to the hotel to prepare for the next test.

             Third day in Palu, we did the experiment test. There were two type of experiment, they were biology experiment and physics experiment. Again, my mind was blown out after the test. But this time I could relaxed a little because that was the last test. The next day, our schedule was having a trip to Tanjung Karang beach.

             The trip to Tanjung Karang went well. I had a really good time there. Surfing, swimming, and doing other things. I reslly enjoyed it.

             Eventhough I didn't win this competition, I felt really happy that I had joined this OSN. I hope I could join this competition once again in Senior Highschool :)



No comments:

Post a Comment